If you missed this event, but would like a copy of the recording. Please reach out to: KansasPS10@gmail.com for more details. Please note that anyone who did not attend the event live is not eligible for CME credit.
If you would like to be put on the email list to receive more information about our upcoming events, please reach out to the email above.
3 hours of CME are offered with this event, in order to receive CME credit you must participate in the live attendance check that will take place during the event. Refunds will not be given for those who fail to complete the event attendance.
Registration is free for students and residents. Please email some form of proof of your status as a student or resident to KansasPS10@gmail.com and you will be granted access to the discount code for this event.
Accreditation: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education through the joint providership of the American Psychiatric Association (APA) and the Kansas Psychiatric Society. The APA is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Designation: The APA designates this live activity for a maximum of 3.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits (TM). Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- Review the history of psychedelic compounds and the theories behind their use.
- Compare and contrast the pharmacodynamic and pharmacokinetic properties of psychedelic substances.
- Analyze the current psychiatric literature utilizing psychedelic agents.
- What is a putative mechanism of action for psychedelic therapy?
- Why is psychotherapy essential as part of the treatment model for psychedelic therapy?
- What are potential symptom targets for psychedelic assisted therapy?
- What are the risks associated with exposing psychiatrically ill patients to psychedelics?
- What are potential future models of treatment for psychedelic assisted psychotherapy?